The overall philosophy that drives our boxing program is building self-confidence through exposure. Boxing is a challenging physical and mental exercise and requires overcoming myriad fears, from the superficial concerns related to how we look when we punch to the biological self- and community-preservation drives that make us afraid to hit and be hit.
Boxing Level 1: Beginner
Level 1 classes will focus on basic boxing fundamentals. It is offensive oriented and will provide a solid cardio workout. No hitting another person or being hit. All levels welcome for a great workout.
Boxing Level 2: Intermediate
Level 2 classes focus on boxing technique, footwork, breathing, defense and movement. Learn to work with another person and incorporate defense with your offense. Learn to counter your opponent.
Level 2 is for Park Gym members and those who have purchased a 50-pack of classes. Students must pass the Level 2 Skills Assessment Test to participate.
Boxing Level 3: Sparring
An introduction to sparring. Work on your defense and offense. This class will allow you to test your skills in a controlled and monitored setting.
Level 3: Sparring is for members or those who have purchased a 50-pack of classes. Students must pass the Level 3 Skills Assessment Test to participate ($35.00).
Approved sparring gloves, headgear, and mouth-piece are required
Our training philosophy is based on the principle of discipline. While goals set you up for failure, discipline sets you up for fulfillment.
We emphasize form and function over weight and reps. We want you to train like an athlete but not compete like an athlete. Cross-training provides a unique opportunity to learn about your body, what it is capable of and where its limits and imbalances are. We support any athletic endeavor our members wish to take on, but our philosophy de-emphasizes competition in training because focusing on arbitrary performance measures based on condensed timelines (which is what competition breeds) can lead to injury.
Boxing Rules and Etiquette
- You must check in at the front desk before entering class
- Please be on time for class, you will not be allowed into class more than five minutes late.
- Handwraps are mandatory to use complimentary, house gloves. Please provide your own wraps, or purchase at the front desk.
- If you need any assistance, please arrive 20 minutes prior to your class. (help with wraps etc..)
- You must wear gym or boxing shoes with appropriate workout attire for all classes
- No Sparring without trainer supervision
- Please return all house equipment after use (house gloves etc.)
We are located at
4801 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94118
Mon-Thr: 7am - 8pm
(closed for lunch 1:30-3pm)
Friday: 7am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
Sunday 10am - 12pm